Tuesday, 31 January 2012

#5

The first - completed - page in my new Wreck This Journal that I've been able to do so far, bacause of the Uni stuff I had to do and the rush to complete and send the sketchbook for the Sketchbook Project, is the 'bring this book in the shower with you' page.
I was a little uneasy about taking a shower with it.. Infact, with my first Wreck This Journal I tried to figure out a way around it, and in the end I put it on the shelf in my shower and I only barely squirted some water on it with the shower jet. The result wasn't really outstanding. The watercolors I used were of very poor quality, and they didn't really dripped on the page as I was expercting them to do. Anyway, the colors dissolved in a pretty pastel shade, so I didn't mind too much.





For this new Wreck This Journal, I wanted to do this page without cheating, so instead of putting it on the shelf, I put it on the shower pan - only making sure that it would have stood straight. In the past weeks, I collected a couple of empty bottles of shampoo and shower gel, that for the occasion I filled with a bit of water and a color. During the shower, I squirted the color from the bottles and let it drip along with the water. ↓


The blue part, is hair dye that's left from this summer when I dyed my hair with it, while the pink and green ones, are tempera paint. The result isn't impressive this time either but at least I enjoeyd the process. The aftermath of this task are pretty obvious, the colors leaked and stained many pages. The numbers I wrote on the pages near that one, are almost completely smudged and gone, and the edges bacame all wavy and corrugated. Ugh. ↓

 

So, summing up: it was very painful to properly do this task, because I hate when the book pages aren't plain, not to mention when the color leaks through. However, this is all about wrecking, right? So every mistake and imperfection is welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! I started a WTJ a while ago but never finished it!

    ReplyDelete