Friday, 1 November 2013

Freebie Friday: Minizine

During all those years of penpalling, I've learned that if there's something I'm very terrible at, it is first letters. When you have to write to someone you don't really know much about, especially if you have to introduce yourself and you wouldn't enjoy ending up with a self-centered wall of text, there is a fun way to to do it with a twist!

Instead of a regular letter, you could unleash your creativity and craft a minizine (or a regular zine for that matter) all about you and your interests.

Here's some examples of what I've done in the past~ you can use a regular sheet of paper and decorate it with your favorite technique,
 or you can use scrap paper, book pages, and whatnot, and just fill it afterwords with bits and bobs about you!
One more thing is, if you're not feeling inspired or you just need somewhere to start, you can download this minizine template I made, here. It has ready-to-fill pages with simple prompts (such as fav books, facts about you etc). Also, if it's your first time folding one, help yourself:

Have a great day,
ƒ.

10 comments:

  1. I love this so much! Great diagram at the bottom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant! Such a fun way to introduce oneself to a new pen pal :) Thank you, Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wiiihoo, this is such a fun idea, Fab! I always love your little zines :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I will surely use it one day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute. Thanks for the idea! I'm going to include one of these for the next pen pal I write to. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea! Thank you for sharing!! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a wonderful idea! And adorable, too. :) I'm definitely going to file this away for future use. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete