Friday, 13 September 2013

Outgoing: tiny watercolours

I've stated many times how obsessed I am with handmade booklets, didn't I? Lately, all my outgoing mail consisted in tiny booklets filled with facts, ephemera, or tiny artworks.
Last week I've sent one over to America - not telling to whom yet in case they're reading - that I embellished with little watercolour paintings inspired by an old botanical book I have at home.
Considering I hadn't pick a brush for quite a while, I'm very happy with the result, also because I'm finally feeling like my artist's block is coming to an end - hopefully!

Have a great weekend everyone!
ƒ.

4 comments:

  1. Your flowers came out very nice! I also tried to paint something with my watercolours a few days ago - also a flower, but from a photo I made.. and I am very not satisfied!! I had just little painting skills from my art school, but now everything is gone!!

    Bu like I said I love your flowers! Especially the last one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first glance, I really thought they were real! You're so talented.

    By the way, is there any chance that you'll be accepting new pen pals in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thoroughly enjoyed the handmade booklet you made for me and all the papergoods you included inside and of course the tea! <3 loving these mini watercolours here though, you did a great job with colour and shading despite not having painted in a while :)

    ReplyDelete