Sunday, 2 June 2013

My Workspace

Hello everyone! This month's been so hectic for me that I - once again - barely posted anything here on the blog. I apologise to all of you that follows me primarily for my freebies.. they'll return shortly, I promise! Also I owe an apology to some of my penpals (Elisse, especially!) for not being able to write anything for a while.. I'm really sorry for leaving you waiting, I'll explain more in my letter, which I count to write and send this week.

That said, I've been spending quite a few time at the computer (that's a first!) and made an illustration I'd like to share with you.
 This is what the crafty corner in my room looks like now, after I redecorated and painted the furniture.
Why not just take a photo? - you may ask. Well, because my room is never that tidy, and moreover, I like drawing so..! I would like to point out that every single bit of this image is hand drawn, I haven't used references, stock or whatever, and I'm quite proud of it :3 {except for the Klimt's painting - for obvious reasons}
Here's some of my favourite bits:


a. this is where I keep my envelopes/bubble mailers, so that they're always in my reach when inspiration strikes; b. I use an old (and broken, unfortunately) Polaroid camera as a book end.
a. this is my "inspirational" board, where I keep lots of the lovely things you guys send me in the mail. (On a side note, the smexy guy I drew is actually meant to be James Dean..); b. I loooove my butterfly!!
a. I recently acquired a glue gun and I've been gluing everything gluable I could find; b. I have an insane addiction to Pitt Artist's Pens..

And that's it. What are some essential things in your craft room/workspace you couldn't live without?
Have a nice day!
ƒ.

21 comments:

  1. This illustration is fantastic - beautiful work! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks like a really creative space! I love inspiration boards. I have a bulletin board where I post a lot of stuff like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! I used to have another one but had to take it off to make more room for other things. Is it weird I wish to have a corkboard wall to fill with clippings? ahah x

      Delete
  3. OMG, Your workplace looks just like mine!!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I loved your illustration - it's sure more fun than a photo! :) I wish I have a workplace like that someday - I dream of decorating my own desk once I have a house for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I have an house on my home, I dream to have a whole room dedicated to crafts :D That'd be pretty awesome, uh? And thanks a lot! x

      Delete
  5. Awesome!! uuhhh I love the illustration *-*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your digital illustrations are amazing fab!♥ How long did it take you to complete this?
    I cannot live without my entire stationery box, which in it contains all my envelopes, stickers, tapes and loose fanciful papers. Oh yes, my one favourite black pen and ALL of my pencils.My workspace is hardly tidy as well to be quite honest, i've attempted to clear the mess but it never last for a week. D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Corey! It took me about four/five hours (not continuous) xD And I totally relate to the everlasting mess. No matter how tidy I try to be, I always create a mess whenever I write a letter xD

      Delete
  7. Waw, that's such a lovely illustration, Fab! Your room looks amazing! And your drawing skills are unbelievable! I don't mind waiting a bit longer, Fab, please take your time :) I sure understand hectic times ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your patience, I've been an horrible penpal lately :c I hope you'll forgive me once you get my letter! x

      Delete
  8. I wouldn't even know where to start to make such a lovely illustration. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this digital representation of your room. You're so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I LOVE the way that you have shown us your craft room! I'm actually doing a month of 'other people's houses' themed posts on the blog in June - can I link to your post?
    Love it!!
    Anna x
    thedustyatticblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Of course you can, I'd be honoured :) x

      Delete
  11. How did you make this digital illustration! You should make a tutorial on it someday.

    ReplyDelete