Sunday, 9 June 2013

smash sunday

It's Sunday here on WreckThisGirl, you know what that means!? WreckThisGirl is gonna teach you how to so something~ *ding* (Ignore me, I watch too much YouTube). So, being serious, it's been a while since I last posted a proper Smash Sunday, isn't it? So even if a couple of months later, I decided to show you my first two pages spread dedicated to my trip to Paris.
before / after
Ok so, let me guide you through this mess:
Top right corner: I glued the Ladurée flyer from when we got the macarons. Besides wanting to try to remember forever how delicious they tasted, I thought it was rather pleasant to the eyes, don't you agree? - Next to it, there's a cherry tree branch we got in a little park in the very suburbs of Paris when we decided to venture into the antique books market.
Bottom left corner: I filled the little envelope with business cards, receipts, stickers and tickets I collect during that week. I like to browse through those kind of things, so I'd rather have them in an envelope than glued on the page. Next to it, there are the tickets to the crazy concert we went to~

That's part of the content of the little envelope:
- Lomography stickers
- Lomography receipt from when I bought my La Sardina
- A very tasty tea brand business card
- Another business card of a cosy restaurant where we had lunch.


Right page: I love lists, so I made one about what we did on my birthday ♥
 Below it, I created a little pocket where I put all the tokens from the places we enjoyed most (and under it, I glue a random delicious picture of a bagel, which was our go-to food while in Paris).
Our fave places included: Shakespeare & Company, the Museum of Everything, the bagel place (told ya!), Palais de Tokyo, and on the map I just circled all the subway stops were we've been.

And that's it for those first two pages; I've made more because I wanted to include some pictures too but I didn't wanted it to look too messy. If you're interested, these are the tools I used to smash this:
  1. Transparent alphabet stickers (@Paperchase)
  2. Washi tape (@Ebay)
  3. Scallop edge scissors (@Ebay)
  4. "Special Occasions" smash pad (gift from a friend)
  5. Pitt artist pen
  6. Paris kraft envelope (@RËSOR)
As usual, comments and feedback are most welcome!
Have a lovely day,
ƒ.

5 comments:

  1. FAB, I LOVE ALL OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OHMYGOD.

    I RECOGNIZE A LOT OF THE PARIS PHOTOS, BECAUSE YOU SENT ME SOME OF THE STUFF FOR MY BOOK! I HAVE A POST DEDICATED TO MY BIRTHDAY MAIL I'LL UPLOAD IT SOON.

    I GUESS, IT'S ALL CAPS FOR HOW EXCITED I AM WITH THIS POST. I FEEL LIKE NOW I NEED THE SCALLOP EDGED SCISSORS BECAUSE THOSE ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!

    I LOVE YOUR FLOWER WASHI TAPE AND HOW NICE EVERYTHING LOOKS. U GO GURRRL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'm totally thinking now.. what the hell am i blogging about after seeing this!
    You're such a great blogger and what an amazing ding **


    Love, The mind of an exchange

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so lovely, Fab! You did a great job! I'm still in love with your handwriting, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thank you so much for the inspiration. This weekend my boyfriend and i will be heading for Paris and i wanted to make some kind of 'memory book' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome ^^ I love your style of smashing!

    ReplyDelete