Thursday, 15 August 2013

'Happy Mail Address Book' review

few days ago, I received a lovely parcel in the mail from Jasmine (aka OliveWasabi online).
She was kind enough to send a copy of the address book she made, for me to review;
So here we go!
Brief disclaimer: yes, I've been sent this item for review purposes but my opinion will be 100% honest.

The address book, as you can see, has a plain green cover which I'm sure can be either disappointing or the very opposite. I  personally don't mind plain covers, I actually prefer them because they give you more room for customization, and to make your journal more personal.

The inside has plenty of space for long addresses (as the back cover says "have you ever tried to write a Chinese address in one of those address books that gives you 5cm and two lines to do it in?" - yes we did, and failed!), lots of informations about your penpals, and a whole blank page for whatever else you may want to document:
Yet again, the graphic is very minimal, which can either be your thing or not, but as I said, blank space = customization, and I'm sure you'd want your address book to reflect your style, just like any other journal. Also, there's no alphabetical listing, which, if you're a very organized person, you can easily 
make your own, with tabs or dividers.

The only 'flaw' I can find, is the font. I'm for much clean looking fonts, but that's just me! Other than that, I like the informations included (such as online handles, "how we met"..)

Anyway, my vote would be 4.5/5 but just because of the font; I overall really liked this address book, and I'm already filling it in!
The price is very affordable as well, if you're interested, you can check it out here in Jasmine's Etsy shop!

Also, I want to show you how I "hacked" it so far :D
Well, I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do, and thanks Jasmine for the very thoughtful gift!
Have a nice day,
ƒ.

7 comments:

  1. that's so cute fab! much cuter then the one i have: http://oi43.tinypic.com/e8s50j.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely like it! I was looking at the pic before I read the rest of your post and I was thinking "this is really great, but that font is not so great...i abhor it, actually." Then I began reading what you typed and chuckled when I saw that we are in agreement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to get this address book too, but the only thing keeping me away is the font xD Haha! But otherwise, yes, I agree with you that it's really quite great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm really happy you like it. And yes, the font is something that a lot of people have commented on so if I ever make another book of something, I will keep this in mind! :) Thanks again, and enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice! It looks more spacious than the one I have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, I love how you made the book totally your own :)

    ReplyDelete