Sunday, 11 August 2013

Moths in my Mailbox!

Hey guys, hope you're well! I'm back from my short *vacation* and I'm already flooded with things to do.. but luckily I've got mail to make me happy even when all those obligations makes me sad!

I'm still so stocked about the parcel I got yesterday, from a lovely girl - Ari, that you may remember for this parcel.
She's a very talented artist and the parcel she sent me, really blew me away:
Starting off with her letter, everything was perfect~ I love it when I click so well with a penpal. We haven't been knowing each other for long, au contraire, but the connection I feel with this girl (which is apparently mutual ☺) makes it feel like it!

In my first letter to her I digressed a bit on a drawing in her zine, representing moth-faced people, and I was SO psyched when I opened the package to find a bigger version of it! I love(d) it so much I run out into town to buy a frame for it, about instantly.
Everything else in the parcel was very quirky, no wonders I enjoyed everything so much! She sent me a little booklet, an illustrated "for you" sticker, vintage thread, a goat pin, an eyeball (fun fact: when I opened the parcel my boyfriend was with me and when the eyeball fell from the packet it was into, we both couldn't help but think how "Breaking Bad" it was - hopefully someone will catch the reference too!), and another moth related gift, a pretty handmade keychain/pendant:
Ah, I'm so inspired by this parcel.. so thanks a bunch Ari! I'll be working on something special for you in the newt few days!

What's the quirkiest thing you've ever got in your mailbox?
Have a nice day,
ƒ.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Fab, did you get the pin that had a bone on it? Just wanna make sure...It was in the parcel

    ReplyDelete