Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Secret Penpal Scavenger Hunt reveal day!

Hello guys! I've disappeared for a while, I know, but besides being sick, my Internet connection decided to die when I needed it the most. For this reason if you sent me an email/message and I haven't replied yet, I'm very sorry and I'll get back at you asap!

So, as the title says, it's finally the day when we reveal who were our partners for the Secret Penpal Scavenger Hunt! Aren't you excited? Because I certainly am!

My package arrived yesterday and my secret penpal was Manon (her blog here: lucky-birdy) who did a wonderful job to say the least!
When I opened the package, that's what I saw:
Imagine my excitement to see this gorgeous wrapping paper.. even if it was the start, it was already awesome! She wrote me a letter to explain in detail what she sent me and why:
 The first package contained the City Explorer Kit, with postcards of her hometown, business cards and train ticket (guess where they're going? ☺ If you thought "smashbook" you win a hug!)
The second little package was Something That Represent Me, and Manon has a (lovely) webshop called luckybirdy (which you should totally check out because she has some amazing pieces of jewelry!) and sent me a piece from her collection:
I can't even describe my face when I saw this because a) I love jewelry, b) I LOVE crosses, c) this is just gorgeous and I never wanna take it off now.
The 3rd package was The Postal Freak's Kit, and she sent me some PaperChase goodies, which I don't even think I need to say it, but I loved!
 As Bad Day Survival Kit, she sent me various flavoured teas and an inspiring quote:
The picture I took of the quote was too bright, but anyway, it said: "I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you are not, I hope you find the strength to start all over again" -F. Scott Fitzgerald
The 5° packet, contained Something Shiny, a golden hair pin! I honestly never wore something like that before, but I really like it (and it also reminds me of the one that Mulan has), so I could totally try and pull it off!
Last but not least, she sent me the gift. I asked for something crafty or vintage, and she combined the two and sent me these chipboard stickers and brads, look how gorgeous are they:
I wouldn't find them anywhere here, so I was super happy and I can't wait to use them in my smashbook and crafts!

I probably jumped up and down a couple of times from the happiness after I unwrapped everything.
It really seemed like she knew me and selected the perfect things to send me, so I couldn't be happier that I got her as partner ☺
Thank you so much Manon! ♥ I will get in touch with you via email very soon!
My partner still hasn't let me know if she got the package, so I'll be waiting a couple of days before blogging about what I sent.
 If you received your package and wrote a blogpost about it, you can link it below.


Also, I'm very interested in hearing your opinion abou the swap, so can you please take a moment to vote for these polls? It will help improve my future swap and make it better for everyone:

online survey


In order to avoid scammers from joining my swaps:


surveys & polls
Also, feel free to suggest new objects for future scavenger lists, or swap topics so that I can host a new swap soon enough!

Have a lovely mail day,
ƒ.

22 comments:

  1. Thanks again for organizing this scavenger hunt! I had so much fun putting together the package for my partner and absolutely loved everything I received in turn! Count me in whenever you might organize one again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! It makes me happy to know it was so much fun for everyone! :)
      I'd love to have you on board for my future projects! x

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful package! I love how much effort everyone has put in for this swap :) Thank you for making it happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thank you for being a great swapper :D xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this I can't wait for the next one. By the way I'm actually in 2 minds about the fee, I can understand why you want to do it and think it a nice idea but then also when it cost me over £10 to post the package plus buying the odd item it soon adds up in price that makes it a little less enjoyable if that makes sense. I know its only a small fee but it just contributes to the whole cost, maybe a refundable amount even though I know you spent a lot of time and effort organising it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand your point of view, and I can tell you I'm actually just testing the waters with that quesiton, because I genuinely want to hear your opinions about it.
      I had to exclude quite a few people from the swap that happarently created fake blogs in order to join and didn't have good intentions since they disappeared without a trace when I pointed out that it seemed weird that the ONLY post on their blog was about my swap..
      On the other hand, I fear some people I let in may have been cheating, and unfortunately I have no control over them anymore.
      If I'd ever accept money to join my swaps, they would be used to send a parcel to those who got cheated on, if any, or in case everyone played by the rules, I could consider sending everyone a postcard or something. Briefly, it would be a back up plan, and I don't aim to get rich with them as I will surely keep hosting free swaps :) xx

      Delete
  4. Nice parcel! I love everything from the wrapping paper to the pretty brads! Manon's letters are always lovely, so I can see why her parcel would be even more gorgeous :) P.S Manon, if you read this, I'm still working on your letter. Waiting for more postage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm waiting patiently :)

      Delete
  5. Oooh Fab, you've received such a cute and thoughtful package :) I received mine today, but it is HUUUGE and I didn't have the chance yet to photograph it completely. However, I'll do it as soon as possible and then link my blogpost to yours :) So happy that I participated in this project, it was so much fun! Thank you once again for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhh I can't wait to see it! I know the girl you were paired with and I'm sure she sent lots of lovely things :D I'll be looking forward to see what you got :) and thank you for being part of it! x

      Delete
  6. Wauwh! So many beautiful items :D The comb is just absolutely magical :D This was such a fun and amazing project! Thank you so much for hosting this and making it all possible :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure!! It wouldn't have been possible if you lovely people wouldn't have joined! :D xx

      Delete
  7. I haven't received my package yet :( :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your gifts are so pretty. The wrapping is beautiful. I'm such a sucker for pretty wrapping (and maybe that's because I'm not any good at it so I admire it when others do it.)This was so much fun putting everything together! Thank you again, Fab, for coordinating all of this. I will definitely sign up for any future projects you may have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy you like the gifts I've send you! I loved this project and I would be glad to participate in any of your future swaps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I spent some time looking through the Secret penpal Scavenger hunt hashtag on instagram this morning and everything looks so delightful! What an amazing and successful swap this is, Fab! Hopefully I'll be able to take part in future swaps! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I love this idea, too bad I wasn't able to join! I'm a sucker for stationery and pretty paper things. I will definitely be on the lookout for the next one!

    xo Pauline, Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for organising, I've linked up to your post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking forward to getting mine :) Something to brighten up my hospital stay will be fantastic! As soon as it arrives i will get Andy to take all the photos for me at home and i'll post a link to my blog ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!!! The package paper is amazing and the gifts are absolutely beautiful.I did not get my package till now but I am curiously waiting for it.I just hope that my package reaches my pal as early as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome post! I can't wait to receive mine :-)
    And i still a little bit afraid because my partner didnt received my package :( i sent on february 25th.. Hope my package will reach her soon!

    ReplyDelete