Monday, 28 May 2012

something good

Hello everyone!
Those of you who read my last post, might know that I received a mysterious package last week that I had to wait before tell you what it is.
Well, today's the day, and I'm incredibly excited to tell you about it!


A quick recap: the first week of April, I signed up for the Send Something Good project, promoted by three fellow bloggers: Gentri Lee, kaitlyn and Kristy. Everyone got assigned a secret blogger to whom send a special package.

The blogger I sent the package to, was Tamika from Austria; my secret blogger, instead, was Michelle from Texas!
Today is finally the link-up/reveal day, and I can show you the awesome box I received!


Michelle was so lovely to also use the official merchandise of the project!


Everything was tied with twine, and had a little numbered note with a description of the object. How cool is that?!

Object #1 was a letter, which I'm not posting for obvious reasons. Michelle has the coolest handwriting though! You'll be able to see it in the next pictures.


Object #2: two Texan vintage pins! I love vintage items, even more when they're pins, since I collect them. The armadillo one is just too nice!


Object #3: the book Into The Wild. I could rant about how much I love this particular present for a day or two, but I won't. Just know that I wanted to read this book since forever, and moreover this one has the prettiest cover I've ever seen!


Object #4: this cute journal; It has wonderful graphic outside and inside, and also a lot of inspirational quotes scattered through its pages.

Object #5: was missing! There was a note from the Italian customs saying that they had to remove a bottle of BBQ sauce from the package because you are not allowed to introduce this kind of thing in the country.. so I'm assuming that object #5 was the BBQ sauce. I'm waiting for Michelle to confirm that – as it's not unusual (unfortunately) that the people at the customs like to subtract things from packages.. but anyway I hope it's just that!
On a side note, I would have loved some real BBQ sauce though. Stupid laws.


Object #6: a pack of notecards. I was so clever to cover the design with her note, but they're really nice, believe me; and also have matching envies with balloons. I'll surely use them to spread the love to my penpals!


Object #7: '90 postcard. Last but not least, Michelle also sent me this postcard of the Astrodome, which is a big stadium in Houston. It will make a very lovely addiction to my postcard collection, yay!


I loved this project - and my secret blogger! - so much that I've made (actually I still am..) an entry in my SMASHbook about it!
Once again, thank you SO much, Michelle! Everything you've sent me is perfect and I really hope I'll get the chance to know you better :)
(by the way, if you'll read this, I hope you received my email!)
Also, thanks to Gentri Lee, kaitlyn and Kristy for this wonderful idea! I'm already looking forward for another round!

Unfortunately, all the pictures I took of the package that I sent to Tamika, got lost because I had problems with my external hard disk. However, I know she received it, and liked it! If she'll post pictures on her blog I'll borrow them and post them here too!

Here's the list of all the other participants:



21 comments:

  1. I'm just loving looking at everyone's packages. There is a lot of inspiration for packaging and presentation in every one. She sent lovely things! I hope I'll be able to take part next time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear you didn't make it for this round. I really hope there will be another one soon enough, it will be so much fun and maybe you can join! :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Wow! This is such a great project! I wish I would have known about it. You got a really awesome package. She seems lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know when it will be, but you MUST join the next round! I'm sure it's a project that you would love :)
      And yes, she's pretty lovely! :3

      Delete
  3. So fun! You sent and received some wonderful packages! But I'm so sad that they removed the BBQ sauce! It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That so sad you didn't get your BBQ sauce, but looks like you did get a charming box of good somethings! Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for showing us! What a wonderful and well thought package ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an awesome idea for a project! almost like blog swaps - amazing! :)
    you good really lovely things, I'm jelous! :))

    I still havent received your letter, but I really hope it will come soon. If it wasn't registeres it can come after 2 months o.O

    But I will be patient! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eheh, I saw your blog swap and you sent and received wonderful stuff too! :D These project are so much fun!

      Anyway, I didn't know about the letter o_o next time I'll make sure to register it. Let me know if you don't receive it for the next week and I will resend it!

      Delete
  7. oh my gosh - what a pretty package you received! :) I am so jealous of the "into the wild book" it's really the prettiest one I've seen too! x rin

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB!!! I just sent you an email. I promise I haven't gone missing :)

    I just love love love this post and could not be happier that you love the package! I mean, I am pretty bummed about the BBQ sauce (it was from a local Houston BBQ place that is... well... amazing!!) but I am just pumped that the package made it all those miles. Texas to Italy, that is an adventure of epic and great proportions!!

    It has been so fun secretly getting to know you and I am so excited to have you as a new blog friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure is all mine, Michelle :)
      As I already said, I've been really lucky to have you as secret blogger.
      You're such a lovely girl, and I can't wait to get to know you better!
      Thanks again <3

      Delete
  9. Yay, you got such a lovely package Fab! I can't to see what you sent to your person- I'm sure it was wonderful! Alos, what is a SMASHbook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nnenna!
      Well, to make it brief, a SMASHbook is a scrapbook. Its point is to "smash" pieces of your life in it :) It's so much fun!

      Delete
  10. You got SUCH great GOODIES!!! Love it! Yours might just be my favorite.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for your comment! I think my secret blogger just didn't care to be honest. And you don't have to send me anything to make up for it babe :) your friendship is all I need!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ciao!
    Ho letto la tua intervista sul blog di Julie, e mi è piaciuta molto^^ bellissimo anche il tuo blog, le tue buste sono davvero opere d'arte!! *_*

    Un abbraccio,
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, grazie mille :) Non mi capita spesso di ricevere visite da ragazze italiane, ma fa sempre piacere!! :)


      Un bacio!
      Fab

      Delete
  13. Hey there! I found you via Michelle at On The Adventure and I adore your blog. I so wish I could have participated in Send Something Good! I'll definitely be following your blog.

    -Stephanie
    quallsquirks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh! i love twine! i know, weird right? but i do!

    so glad to have you participate in SSG! hope to see you around some more!

    ReplyDelete