Wednesday, 30 May 2012

lettermo May week #5

As every month's final post about the lettermo, I feel both sad and accomplished.
Every month I love this project more and more, and every month I get to know new friends and there's nothing better!

As tradition, here's the stats:
This month was waaay better than April in terms of incoming. I received about the double of the letters I received last month, not to mention that a couple of them where wonderful packages <3
Anyway, let's see the last letter I sent out this month, sigh.



Monday: weird envelope for Kelly in the States.


Tuesday: PENpal evelope for Thea in Norway!


Wednesday: Handmade envelope for Madeline in the UK (taken from a weird prospective..)

Not pictured: letter for Steffi in Germany, Mona in California, and Anca from Romania!
Bear with me for the very mediocre quality of these pictures, but I'm suffering from terrible migraines lately and I can barely keep my eyes open.

As usual, thanks to all of you who made this month special by sending me something or requesting a letter :)

I won't do the lettermo this June because I really need to spend my days on books, but it will be back in July. I will still keep in touch with my penpals, of course :)
By the way, I've been featured on Julie's blog - Penpal Of the Week! If you're curious you can read my interview here.

Have a lovely day!

14 comments:

  1. I saw your interview on Julie's blog and it inspired me to reserve a spot for Penpal Of The Week in June! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure everyone will love you there! You're like.. the perfect penpal :D

      Delete
  2. Lovely letters! and Lovely blog!
    I was wondering... lettermo is something that exists? like a place to sign up for letter swapping or just the way you call your "lettering"? :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you so much :3
      Lettermo is a project that actually exists! You don't really have to join it officially, you can just do it on your own with the condition that you send a letter a day for a month. However here's a link for you with the official website :) http://lettermo.com/ Here you'll find a better explanation :D

      Delete
  3. I saw the interview too, mygoodness!!! FRODOO <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ehe thanks :D The picture is pretty old, he's way bigger and chubbier now :3

      Delete
  4. I actually let out a "squee!" sound when I saw my name in this post! Cheered me up no end, the perfect andidote to the fact I was feeling a little glum this evening.
    The envelope is beautiful, thank you for making one for me <3. Can't wait to see it pop through the letterbox!
    I also read your interview, it was lovely to read :). And I agree with Elizabeth's comment, Frodo is gorgeous!
    Hope you have a fabulous last day of May and start to June.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm so glad that I was able to cheer you up a bit with my mail :3 I hope you'll get it soon!
      Thank you for reading the interview, and Frodo is blushing because of all these comments :D He says 'Hi'..or better 'squeak!" to you both!!
      Have a lovely day you too! :3

      Delete
    2. :) Thank you. I hope it arrives soon, too, although I suspect it might be delayed 'til towards the end of next week because of the bank holiday this weekend. But fingers crossed for it coming sooner :).
      Hehe, well tell Frodo I say "squeak!" back, although I'm not too well-versed in guinea pig so I hope that doesn't translate as anything other than "hello" :p.
      Thank you! I hope June starts well for you tomorrow, and that the uni stuff isn't too hard going. If you have any exams, then I wish you good luck and hope they go well :)

      Delete
  5. I think I want to try this lettermo thing! It would be great inspiration to not procrastinate with replies now and then. Are most of your days replies or new letters these days (you've been doing it for a while, it seems)- if new, where do you find the majority of people you write to? This is an excting project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's pretty motivational! :D
      Umh, about half of the letters I write, are both for letter requests that I received after publishing a post about it on my tumblr, and for swap-bot. Before that, I also used sendsomething quite often.
      You could try one of these ways!
      Let me know if they work out for you too :3

      Delete
  6. The penpal envelope is so so cute! And I took a look at your interview on Julie's blog- you're just so adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I imagine if I designed a graph for mine, the sent side would be a lot more extreme. I probably sent.. 30 or more letters since Dec. 2011, and have received maybe 10 back. Most of my Dec. - Mar. stuff were intro letters, and most people either only write once, or never at all. I HAVE gained some really awesome penpals since then. A friend of mine commented that my PP group on FB is growing fairly quick; it was 7 people, and now I have 21. Those are just the people who HAVE FB, mind you. (I like that, because it means people have somewhere aside from my blog to check for postal incomings.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The letter to Thea is so cute! I love when objects have smiles on them. haha

    ReplyDelete