Thursday, 23 August 2012

cute finds #3

Hello guys!
Yesterday it was my name day (basically the day dedicated to the saint you were named after), well technically it doesn't exist a saint with my name.. it only exist the male version of it.
Even if I'm not really fond in celebrating my name day, or my birthday for that matter, as to me they're more like an occasion to do something special rather than an actual celebration, my mom often get me something for that day, and this year she got me an awesome notebook!


She's actually on holiday, and this morning texted me a sort of riddle to discover the place where this present was hidden (yeah I know, my mom thinks I'm still 10 u_u), hence the cute "find".
It's really pretty, and I'm quite (positively) surprised that my mother had such a nice thought for me.


But that's not all! My granddad woke me up with some pretty flowers that morning, and the evening my boyfriend and I enjoyed a huge supper of sushi at our favourite Japanese restaurant :3


Do you celebrate your name day?
ƒ.

10 comments:

  1. Own, that's so cute. I like little surprises, and I also like the idea of having to look for them. Don't think your mom is wrong by doing it. It's cute!

    In Brazil we don't celebrate our name's day. It seems to be a cute idea (maybe I should start doing it, my day would be December 4th, for St. Bárbara). But what about people whose names aren't related to any saint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here in Italy is a Christain tradition, so most of the people that celebrate it, is Christian and for this reason their names mostly come from saint's names. Anyway I think you should :D as I said, it's a nice occasion to do something different :)

      Delete
  2. Ooooh! Ma dai, tua mamma è stata carinissima ad averti trovato un quaderno così bello!!!!
    Quando ero più piccola amavo il giorno del mio onomastico perchè mio nonno mi portava in libreria e mi permetteva di scegliere un libro da regalarmi... Poi il nonno è morto quando io avevo 14 anni, ho continuato ad amare il mio onomastico per questi bei ricordi, ma nessuno (o quasi) mi ha più festeggiato...E quest'anno per la prima volta il 29 luglio è passato senza che io mi ricordassi del mio onomastico!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ti ringrazio :) Beh neanche io se non avessi qualcuno che me lo ricorda farei troppo caso al mio onomastico, e non è che la cosa mi peserebbe :D Però vabè, è sempre carino che ci sia qualcuno che si ricordi di questo giorno.

      Delete
  3. Here in belgium That doesnt even exist i think! Thats so sweet of your mom! I think it's actually really cute That she made it into some sort of riddle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea that it's something we basically have only here in Italy xD Anyway thank you, she was indeed really nice :)

      Delete
  4. The notebook is pretty!

    I've heard about this name day thing from a few girls in Italy, but here we don't celebrate it... Too bad! It sounds fun.

    And sushi is definitely a great way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. People in Romania celebrate their name, and I don't get that since it's not a name you chose.
    The notebook is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I can understand birthday, but name day isn't something I would have invented if it didn't exist xD Anyway, thank you :3

      Delete