Saturday, 24 March 2012

vintage books haul

Last friday , we had a day off from Uni and decided to have a walk in the historical center of the town.
Despite my profound hate for the city I live in, I must admit that the historical center is one of my favorite places, especially for the abundance of vintage shops and books stores!
With less than 20 euros, I've bought seven pretty vintage books that I'll be using to make mail art, collages, etc.
Here's some pics :3


"La Leda Senza Cigno III" by Gabriele D'Annunzio, and "Monsieur Parent + La Piccola Roque" by Guy De Maupassant.

I can't even express how much I love both of the covers!


This one was printed in the 70s and is in pretty good conditions. However, the backcover is a little unglued and I'm afraid it might fell off anytime. Anyway, I've already planned that if it's gonna happen, I'll use it to make a journal, I won't be trowing it away for sure!


This one is my favorite. Too bad it's the third volume of a series.. I couldn't find the others anywhere but it was too pretty to be left in that pile of dusty books in the stand! It was preinted in the 30's and this explains the pretty yellowed pages. It's normal to be in love with a book, right?

Another find that I'm quite proud of, is this Atlas of Botany, from the 70s too.


The cover is very nice and they also were two books for the price of one, and I'm not the type of person who remains unmoved in the face of these golden opportunities u_u
Not to mention that I looove illustrated books, especially those with thick pages.


Cute, uh?
Not included in the pictures but still awesome, are three more books:
"Animals of the sky, the earth and the sea", an illustrated book printed in the 70s
"Atlas of the conquest of the moon", also illustrated and printed in the 70s. I love astronauts and space so much!
A pamphlet about Japanase aviation in its original language. Even though I studied japanese for a year, I can't read kanjis (only hiragana and katakana) so I can't really understand the title or anything about it, and I'm not even a fan of planes etc.. but the ideograms are too pretty and Japan is one of my weakness, so I had to buy it anyway!
I'm so inspired right now, I'll probably go make some envelopes and mail art! Sound like a nice plan for a saturday night to me :D

1 comment:

  1. I received your letter today!! I'll reply soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete