Thursday, 18 October 2012

The Travelling Notebook is back!

Hello guys!
I'm here today with a big news: the Travelling Notebook came home to me this morning, so exciting! All the girls involved in the project did a great job, and that thin blank notebook, is now a chunky little work of art.

Before I show you the final -amazing- result, here's a recap of the project:
there were 6 participants (including me), from 6 different European countries, and the task was to fill 8 pages each: two pages about the author, two about their country/city, and the remaining with their own art.
They were:
Me  ~  Italy
Elisse  ~  Belgium
Andreia  ~  Portugal
Marysza  ~  Poland
Frida  ~  Norway / Netherlands
Lauren  ~  England


Some fun stats, yay:
  • The notebook travelled about 11.000 KM.
  • Its journey lasted exactly 69 days.
  • Its weight increased of 102 g.
  • Its thickness increased of about 2.5 cm.

some of my favourite pages
Once again, a big thank-you to my friends who participated and made this project a lot of fun!
Now, if you're curious and you want to see some pretty awesome art, follow this link and enjoy the flipping book I've made :)


Let me know what you think of it, and have a lovely day!
ƒ.

30 comments:

  1. It's absolutely beautiful! Everyone did such pretty pages :). I'm curious as to what's in all the little pockets and things :p.

    Thanks for making the flipping book (hehe, in England saying "flipping" is like a censored version of saying a swearword so it sounds like I'm cursing your book - I promised I'm not! :p). It's really nice to get to see the whole thing.

    I hope you'll be doing another one sometime in the future. I might gather up the courage to join in this time :p

    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah, yeah I know about the "flipping" double meaning xD but I couldn't find another term to describe it!!
      Thanks for the compliments :) and I will definitely save a spot for you next time :D xx

      Delete
  2. Wooooohooo, the travelling notebook made it! You know, this morning I was thinking 'when would the notebook arrive'? I know, I'm a psychic ;-)

    So fun to go trough, I love everyone's contribution, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah, you are! :D Thanks again for joining, I loved your pages!

      Delete
  3. That's so exciting to get that back! And it looks great. I also love the little video/gif you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the loveliest thing I've seen in a while! nice work girls :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. such an awesome collection of little artworks, looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's also thanks to you if it looks so great :3

      Delete
  6. this is so wonderful!you must guard it as a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will! I wish I could display it all in my room.

      Delete
  7. Its beautiful and such a sweet idea!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh i'm so glad we get to take a look in it as well :)
    it absolutely looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :) I'm glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  9. E' stupendo. Non ci sono altre parole!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, it looks absolutely wonderful! It was so much fun and such an honour to be able to participate :D Happy travelling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you had fun :) Thanks again for joining, you did a lovely job :)

      Delete
  11. love it! great project! so happy to be a part of it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you were part of it too! Your pages are gorgeous, not that I doubted it ;)

      Delete
  12. This is SO awesome! I want to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. (But I'm in Australia and most of these things only happen around Europe and America) boohoo :(:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of international versions of it :) Try check the postcrossing forum! :)

      Delete
  14. This is such an amazing project!All the pages are so intriguing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It was a lot of fun to make :)

      Delete
  15. This looks like so much fun! I think I'll be virtually flipping through this book many many more times, it's so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a lot of fun :) Thank you for commenting, I'm glad you find it insirational :3

      Delete