Sunday, 28 October 2012

smash sunday

Hello guys! How's your Sunday? I'm writing you from my boyfriend's place, so at least I'm in good company today :3
Last week I hadn't posted a Smash Sunday because.. well, actually I just forgot about it to be honest, but I haven't today, so that's good I guess!

When Katie gave me this Smashbook, she explicitly wrote me that it would have been perfect to scrapbook about my mail and penpals, so a while ago I decided that I would have used some pages for this purpose. The first page I made is dedicated to my American penpal Marisa:


On the left page I glued a picture of herself that she sent me along with a letter once, as well as a lovely inspirational note. Below her picture, I glued two tiny tarots cards, which are a passion of hers, and besides, I think they're really cute! Of course I also taped one of her letters, opened on the side, so that I can re-read it every time I want :)


On the other side, I glued a sort of "title" to contextualise the page, another picture she sent me, which she took with her lomo camera, hence the little sticker saying "get your lomo on!", and another note. On the bottom of the page, you can't really see it, but I glued a printed image of the page she made for me in her Smash, with my pictures and letters, and the print of a message she sent me on tumblr once, because it was one of the nicest/weirdest thing someone has ever said about me xD

There's still a bit of space left, but I will be filling it up with the content of her next letter for sure!

That's the first page about a penpal that I've ever made, do you think it's cool or creepy? I understand it might be a little bit odd, but I think it's a nice and different way to keep your letters.
Let me know your opinion in the comments!
Have a wonderful day my dears :)
ƒ.

On a side note: yes, I changed layout and everything all over again because I'm like the Hogwarts staircases.. I like to change! (Lame.. sorry).

17 comments:

  1. This is brilliant! And in no way is it creepy XD I think this is a really cool way to 'document' your pen pals and I love how you have filled the page with all these little things about her :)

    P.S. I like the new layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo nice, so inspiring! I love scrapbook, it looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, how beautiful :). I think that's a really nice thing to do. It'll also mean that you have information about all of your penpals collected in one place, if you do a page for everyone. Just lovely :)
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maddie :) I'm glad you think it's nice because I would absolutely love to make a page about you too :3

      Delete
  4. FAB I'M FANGIRLING ALL OVER TUMBLR <3 <3 i love this <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's great - I'm actually starting a smash book full of things people send me from penpals and stuff. I'm asking everyone I know to send me something in an envelope - a drawing or a little memo - a note, a photo - whatever. ANd I"m going to smash it all in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I obviously think yours it's a great idea too!! I'll be looking forward for posts in your blog to be inspired :) x

      Delete
  6. Oooh, I really like it! At first I was like: "whut? Fab's a bit of a creeper" but really: NO! This is so awesome! I would feel honoured to be a page in your smash book, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and your new layout looks amazing!

      Delete
    2. Ahah xD I was afraid everyone whould have had the "bit of a creeper" reaction xD but I'm glad you changed your mind :P Also because I'm absolutely making a page about you too! :D

      Delete
  7. You are awesome Fab! And this is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ria! I'm glad you approve because you're next ahah

      Delete
  8. Love your new layout!
    I think the idea of a Smask Book is amazing. Love it.

    ReplyDelete