Those of you who are active on the postcrossing forum or even on tumblr, lately, should be aware of the existence of these so called travelling notebooks.
To sums it up for those of you who are instead unaware of those projects, a TN, is a notebook that is sent around the world to the different participants, so that each of them can make its own contribution to it. Once that the last participant has filled it in, it has to be sent back home to the person that sent it first.
I myself joined a couple of those TN project over the years. Some of them never arrived though, and it was pretty sad. The few that actually made it to me, were really interesting and so much fun to fill out. Not long ago I signed up for another of those project over tumblr, but apparently, one of the first participants in the list disappeared and another TN got lost.
The other day I found this A6 notebook in my drawer and this idea popped in my mind, why don't I try to make my own version of a TN? So here it is, ready to travel the world:
I'm looking for 5 participants (all from Europe, sorry!) to join this project, if you're interested click read more :3
- The notebook is very light and will cost slightly more than a normal letter, in terms of stamps.
- It has 24 pages (48 front+back), each participant can fill up to 4 pages, (8 front+back).
- The notebook doesn't have a theme but: one page must be filled with a sort of "about me", and another one, whit some info about your country. You'll have 2 pages to express yourself in the medium you prefer (stick pictures, write poetry, draw.. anything!)
- Each participants can keep the journal for a maximum of 7 days.
- Don't add heavy embellishments, in order to keep the postage fees low.
- The participants' order won't be casual. I'll try to make the smartest list possible so that each of us will send to the nearest country (once again, to keep the fees low, and also to wait the least time possible).
- Your address won't be shared with all the participants, but only with the person that will have to send the notebook to you.
Anyone who thinks that would enjoy this kind of project and that would put any sort of artistic effort in it. You don't have to be a fine artist (I'm not one myself!), you just need to have to do it with passion. Lastly, in order to join you should be a blogger, so that your blog would sort of guarantee your releability.
To join, all you need to do is comment this post and leave your email address so that I will be able to contact you. In case that more than 5 people will comment, only the first 5 will be able to join (if they satisfy the above mentioned conditions).
The notebook will be returned to me, and I will post a digitalized version of it here on the blog, for everyone else to see :) Also, each participant will receive a little something from me at the end of the project, as a thank you for making it happen.
I calculated that the whole project should last around 3 months, so before signing up, please make sure you'll be able to fulfill your commitment for the whole durability of the project that will start the first week of July and should end approximatively around mid October.
I think this is all. If you have any question feel free to ask, and I hope some of you will be interested in joining :)
- Me // Italy // July 10
- Elisse // Belgium
- Andie // Portugal
- Marysza // Poland
- Frida // Norway
- Veronica // Spain
- Me // Italy
To clarify this point, I'm giving people with a blogger/wordpress blog the priority to join, because as I said, I had no luck in the past with Tumblr, so please don't take it personally.