Saturday, 2 June 2012

wood in my mailbox?

Hi guys, happy Saturday!
What did you find in your mailboxes this week? I found a lot of beautiful letters that I can't wait to share with you :)


The first letter that arrived, it's this one from Ria in Romania. She wrote my letter on very old paper (so beautiful!) and sent me some postcards and a drawing that her sister - who loves fashion design - made.
Her sister also draw on the back of the envelope, but I forgot to take a picture >n< Anyway you can tell she's pretty talented!

That same day, I received a parcel from Mary in California.


Along with the letter, she sent me a lovely paper crane (she's very good at making origami's, if you remember, a while back she sent ma an origami heart!), a Chinese baggie with some goodies in it, and two wonderful handmade bracelets!!


Look at them! Aren't they so pretty? And the most amazing thing is that she made them herself. I love them a lot and I'm wearing them right now... I tried to take a picture but my wrist looked awkward so, yeah. Thank you Mary!! <3

Then, it was the turn of some swaps:


A lovely round - and super cute - postcard from Dominique in Belgium.
And some ATCs from Yvonne in Texas:


Yesterday instead, I received a bunch of letters:


This glittery one from Sylvia in Greece;


A super fun envelope from Mary; (and there's a unicorn on the letter!!)


This one is the lovely letter from Marjolinj in the Netherlands. This time it arrived fast and safely, finally!

Now, you might be wondering why the silly title of the post, and you'll understand it in a second with the photo of the last letter that I received this week.


C'mon, look at it.. It's a log! So darn cool, and it comes fro Kelly in Canada.


This is just the second letter that I receive from her, but I can already tell that she's one of the funniest penpals I have, her letters always crack me up! She's also very creative; she drew the typewriter in the header in fact, and even if she thinks it's ugly, I must say that I think it's actually pretty cool. Oh and she also sent me some Taiwanese teas! I've never tried it before and I can't wait.
I'll go grab a cuppa right now and then I'll keep working on a commission :)

This is all from me for this week, thank you my dear penpals, I'll get beck to you as soon as I can!

ƒ.

9 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you got it and liked the unicorn. Thanks for posting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always sending great mail :D I'll write back soon! <3

      Delete
  2. Wow, I love creative people so much! Happy mail days :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! :D I'm always so happy to find creative envelopes in my mailbox :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like you've been spoiled with mail. Happy Mail Day, Fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My penpals always spoil me! They're all so thoughtfull, I'm very lucky to have them :) And thank you Jen, I've just followed your blog and I can't wait for new mail related post :)

      Delete
  4. Hi! I saw you liked my blog Love snail mail, and I looked at your blog and wow, it's amazing! :)
    And I saw you wanted penpals from the world, I am from Sweden and would love to be your swedish penpal! :)
    So If you are interested please contact me!

    Best wishes
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo! I just stumbled upon your blog and really enjoy it. Great blog :D I love snail mail too -- it allows you to get creative and spend time to think about what you want to share with the other person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I opened my mailbox and saw the log I would just die. How cool is that!? She is pretty seriously talented!

    ReplyDelete