Saturday, 28 April 2012

lost mail

Hello guys,
did it ever happen to you that something you've sent, or you were supposed to receive, got lost in the mail?
Unfortunately, it did happen to me, and several times also.
Just in the past month, 5 letters that I was expecting, never showed up, and also a couple of letters I've sent, never arrived at their destination.
Bisedes the anger due to the loss of money, but especially, for all the care I put in every single letter I write, what really bothers me about this inefficiency is that this way, it's like having a conversation interrupted. And that's pretty awful, you know?
Anyway, sorry for this rant, let's see what I received this week:


My new friend from Finland, Mette, sent me her first letter along with a really lovely stationery set :)
I don't know if you can see it clearly, but the stamp on the envelope is pretty cool, too.

I received a postcard from a postcrosser from Hungary, that took 88 days to arrive here..


It wouldn't have taken so long, not even if the postman would have brought it here on foot, what the heck?!
Anyway, take a look at the beautiful stamps:


I also received a letter from Julia (one of the first Tumblr pen pals!).


She also sent me a -late- birthday card :3 and a picture of her lovely sleepy kitty!

Lastly, I received a swap from a girl in Israel, full of paper goods:


The envelope was really huge and colourful, and the inside, was a little paradise of paper, and among all the stuff she sent me, my favourite piece was definitely this postcard (i love bunnies so much!)


That's it for this week! I hope you had better luck than me with the postal service and that your mailbox was filled with lots of beautiful mail :)

11 comments:

  1. I still haven't gotten to your letter :( I am looking for the perfect post card and what not to send :)

    ps.. i lost your address :( email it to me again love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont suppose mine arrive to you this week then after all then? :'( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Infact, it didn't arrive :c I really don't know what happened. I know that postal service sucks during holidays but, I didn't thought up to this point. I'm really sad and sorry it didn't arrive. I'm going to make a complaint at the post office this monday, and ask if by any chances your letter is still there at the deposit :c I'll let you know
      xo

      Delete
  3. I know, ive had things not turn up to me and go missing in the post :(, but if it's not there i'll send another one which will hopefully arrive :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess the one I sent hasn't got there yet either, I usually have good luck with the mail too :/ Hope it gets there soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yours didn't arrive either. I really hope it too :c The envelope was just lovely and I was really looking forward to receive it!

      Delete
  5. I totally understand how you feel. I've had about 4-5 mail that never reach me. :( I feel pretty upset. But I've experienced cases where my mail got lost, then turned up in my mailbox after more than 3 months. Let's just keep our fingers crossed. Hopefully the lost mail will eventually turn up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bree :) I've also reiceived a postcard that travelled 88 days before popping in my mailbox, so not all hope is gone! :)

      Delete
  6. Oh my, I'm hoping my letter has chosen the option of a 88-day trip around the world before it gets to you (instead of being completely lost D: ). No matter, I'll write another one to you if you still don't receive it by the end of May!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Corey :) well, a letter from indonesia took over 30 days to arrive, so since the distance os quite similar I hope it's still travelling towards me :) anyway, i'll keep you updated about it! x Fab

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad when mail doesn't get delivered. :/ 5 in such a short time, though.. that's awful!

    ReplyDelete