Tuesday, 8 January 2013

3 {christmassy} things

Hello guys, it wasn't very polite of me to disappear from the internet right before Christmas and New Years Day, but some of you knows what happened, and if you don't, please just accept my most humble apologies. I really hope you all had a great Christmas and that 2013 has been good to you so far :)

As for me, after this hiatus I'm ready to catch up on my own blog and on those I love reading, but first, since I received a few requests, I wanted to show you what I got for Christmas.

(Obviously, it's not my intention at all to brag about what I got, I purely what to show my presents to those who are interested.)


My boyfriend got me some awesome presents, starting from this wooden letter rack (pictured with a postcard I got from Andie) with a gorgeous flower decoration ♥
He also got me the Millennium book set by S. Larsson, which besides being an incredible series, is also a real eye candy if you love minimal design; and he also got me this cute watch that I've barely taken off since.

My mom, instead, got me three cutesy boxes I will probably fill with all my craft supplies:
Two of these are round, like some sort of hat boxes, and they've a floral bottom, and the lid has stamps, flowers, and birds all over it. Maybe they're a bit kitsch, but I still like them.
The other one, instead, is a tin square box with a vintagey looking cupcake illustration of it, simply adorable. Here's a close up:
Another thing she got me, is my very first (and probably last - since their cost, lol) Yankee Candle. I really wanted the Vanilla Cupcake one, but they didn't have it, so she got me the Christmas Cookie one, and believe me, it's like filling your lungs with sugared butter - and I seriously spent a good hour with my nose stuck to it until I felt dizzy.
I also got some lovely presents from my boyfriend's relatives, my dad and grandparents, but they were mostly clothing items or money so I didn't really felt like they belonged here on the blog.

What did you get for Christmas, instead? :)

So, once again, happy 2013 everyone!
I'll talk to you soon,
ƒ.

15 comments:

  1. Hi Fab! My presents were the red smash* book, money, a bath robe, nail polish and nail polish remover, i used some of the money to buy a new tattoo, a starbucks gift card, a necklace, and some rocks since you know how i collect them :) my new years was boring i was just in my room, but i did get a smash page done:

    http://24.media.tumblr.com/1182d25f912c12b891d52addac7ee579/tumblr_mfxnidAXu91qen6y2o1_1280.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the smash page <3 and all your presents are lovely, I really wanna see the tattoo you got! x

      Delete
  2. Yay, Fab! I hope everything is ok. I will be writing you a letter soon :).

    That letter rack is adorable! Your boyfriend obviously knows what you like :p. I mostly got notebooks and nerdy stuff like that, and converse socks. Plus my boyfriend got me a teddy bear.

    Did my Christmas card get to you ok? I sent it a bit late so I wasn't sure if it would actually arrive before Christmas, and I know that it was during the 'risky' time so may have gotten lost. I hope it got to you.
    Hugs!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it arrived! I'm a bit late in updating posts and replying messages/email (I also got your message on tumblr, just hadn't the chance to reply yet, sorry!)
      Your gifts sounds cool too, one can never have too many notebooks, right? :3 xx

      Delete
  3. definitely the letter rack is too adorable and Perfect! You are a luckiest person! I didn't have presents this year, just a great trip! anyway, I have hope to your letter arrives soon! >.< I cant with the idea of a lost letter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And ohhh, a trip? My favorite kind of present! :D
      Finger crossed for the letter :c
      xx

      Delete
  4. Oh the cupcake tin is amazing!I've never heard of Yankee Candle, but I'd imagine the scent of Christmas cookie must be so deliciously nostalgic!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I actually knew about the candles thanks to youtube videos, but I didn't know they sold them in Italy and was amazing to be able to smell them, they have every kind of crazy delicius scent! x

      Delete
  5. Stieg Larosnns books look beautiful! I have all the parts too, but here in Poland they have really bad covers.. so I'm double jelous because yours are so colorful, minimalistic and interesting!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here in Italy the covers sucks too ahah, infact the box set is in english and from the UK xD xx

      Delete
  6. My boyfriend bought me this amazing canvas with red phone boxes (like the British ones) on, my best friend got me tea and a good book and my dad got me some money (which I spent buying a bunch of books). I had a good Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you really did! The canvas seem to be great, and of course, books are always a perfect gift :) x

      Delete
  7. Hi Fab, I hope you are doing well! I'm glad you're back though. I got a ton of owly christmas presents, I will share them on my blog soon :-) And I absolutely adore your kitsch boxes! They are so so so pretty! (the letter rack as well btw)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Elisse <3 Can't wait for the owly post! I'm really curious to see on how many things you can put a owl and make it look adorable :P

      Delete
  8. Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is important and everything. Nevertheless
    think about if you added some great images or video clips to give
    your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images
    and videos, this website could certainly be one of the greatest in its field.
    Terrific blog!

    Feel free to surf to my homepage; weight loss

    ReplyDelete