Saturday, 19 January 2013

january mail week 2 & 3

Hello guys, how was your mail week?
Mine was very good, I've sent out a few letters and received some awesome and unexpected things from my penpals; but let's proceed in order.
That's what I've sent this week: 
a parcel for Kelly in the US with a belated Christmas little something.
I finally replied to Ankita's letter, and also wrote a first letter to my new penpal Momoka from Japan.
I wrote some postcards to some pals that I haven't heard from in a while: Neda in Norway, Nada in Algeria and Nadz in Malaysia, plus a postcard swap for Jenni in Finland :)
 
Then I sent a package full of coffee and chocolate to Siana in Macau,
and three more postcard swaps arranged on Instagram.
The incoming mail have been really great this past weeks; First, I got a Christmas package from my dear friend Khris in Spain, and she sent me a little reindeer plush (which I've named Neville), a candy cane, a necklace and a gorgeous notebook:
Then, I received Jenni's half of the swap, which was this really cutesy postcard:
A letter from Corey in Singapore, which took only two weeks to arrive (!) and it was very nice to finally be able to read a proper letter from her :3
A teeny-tiny letter from Lauren in the UK:
I'm not sure if you can tell how small it is, but I was very surprised that they successfully delivered it as if you try to mail something that size from here, they'd probably return it or even just lose it..
Anyway, I then received a lovely letter from Thea in Norway, decorated with a cute pastel bunting and filled with two cute little cards:
Lastly, but most definitely not least, a wonderful parcel from Elisse, who along with her letter sent me an handmade sketchbook and a little bag she made:
The fabric is soooo pretty, I've been loving floral patterns recently. I still have to decide what am I going to use it for, it would be great as a pencil case for when I'm on the go but I don't want it to get dirty..so I don't know. Any ideas? :)
Anyway, she also sent me some beautiful pictures she too, which are going straight into my smashbook and on my corkboard!
That's it for me today! What did you received this week?
Have a nice weekend,
ƒ.

Ps. sorry for the not very awesome quality of the pictures, but my camera battery was dead, so my phone had to do the job!



22 comments:

  1. I love your handwriting fab <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great mail week! (And I also love your hand writing!)
    Mine was a terrible mail week. I didn't get anything in the post. But that's my own fault for being so slack over Christmas and not sending much out. (You have to give to receive, it's true!!)

    I'm preparing for Lettermonth though - I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sorry to hear about your not-so-great mail week, I'm sure you'll be very busy opening mail soon enought tho :D xx

      Delete
  3. Love the postcard that looks like it has sailboats! Also the snow Polaroid. <3 Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, you too! And the polaroid was such a nice thing to receive indeed :) x

      Delete
  4. Those are some killer stamps you got there. I love this post, now I need to get off my bum and go send some mail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha, thank you! Sometimes it can really be time consuming but it's always worth it :3

      Delete
  5. So weird to see my card here :O Have a great weekend, Fab♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sort of thought about mailing myself tiny envelopes to test the efficiency of the post office. I'm quite inspired to go ahead with it after seeing that tiny letter you received ! hehe :) & I really like how Thea decorated her letter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really cute, isn't it? :) Well if you try, let me know! Who knows, maybe one day I'll send you a miniature letter in the mail :3

      Delete
  7. Lots of lovely mail, I'm very jealous of the notebook from your friend Khris. Gorjuss designs are my favourite!

    Is there any sign of my latest letter? I took it to the PO last Monday.. I thought it might have arrived by now, but perhaps it got delayed leaving the UK since we had all this snow. I hope you get it soon :)

    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It arrived after I wrote this post xD So don't worry, it's here safe now and I will reply soon :)
      The notebook is indeed very cute, and it's TOO cute to write in it >n< I don't know when I'll be able to actually use it. x

      Delete
  8. Those are some really neat looking postcards. Especially the cat one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :3 It was by Jetoy if you mind ;)

      Delete
  9. Ah yes, I must 've missed this post! You never seize to amaze me by the amount of mail you seem to send out & receive every week or every two weeks! Can I ask you: where do you keep your letters? And do you have such good memory that you remember 'what every penpal is like' when you receive their mail? You just have so many it seems! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gгeetingѕ! Veгy useful advice in this paгtіcular aгticlе!

    It's the little changes that produce the most significant changes. Thanks for sharing!

    Also visit my web-site Read the Full Guide

    ReplyDelete