Sunday, 29 July 2012

SMASH Sunday

Hi guys. How's your day?
For me it's just another boring Sunday, but thanks to your positive response, I'll be sharing with you my progresses in my SMASHbook, and please feel free to give me feedback :)


That's the page I've done right away when I got back from the festival in Rome. There's the ticket of the event, the flyer, one of those glow light stick bracelets, and a picture (not mine) from that night :)

On the other side of the page, I glued the train tickets, another picture of that night and the track list of the concerts.



It was the first time I actually "smashed" things in, a little careless than usual.
However I feel like despite the dacoration of the page itself, the background feels quite empty, and it bothers me a lot.. If you have any tips on how to make a better background, please let me know!

Those next two pages, are instead dedicated to my wanderlust. They feature the top four places I'd love to visit right now: Paris and Tokyo..


..New York and Moscow.


The things I've used for this pages are: a map of Paris, a japanese book page, a postcard from NY, and all the other images are mostly printed off the internet or magazine cut outs. The "Rent a motorclycles" flyer is actually something I found at my granma's house in a box of old souvenirs and keepsakes from my uncle's trips. He took it in Greece in 1989, and at the time I found it I thought it was too cool to trow it away, and eventually it was also usefull :)

That's all for today! What do you guys think of them?

ƒ.

8 comments:

  1. omg fab this is so great <3 <3 <3 i love them all

    for tips on the background you can do like different lights like when they shine them on the audience or you can write 'florence' or you can draw like microphones and head phones and the leaning tower of piaza :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear <3 Also for the suggestions, I will surely try something next time :)

      Delete
  2. This looks like a really cool book to see when you'll grow old! And Marisa's ideas are quite good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! :D That's what I hope for, and thank you!

      Delete
  3. Very nice smash pages you've got there! :) I would love to own my own SMASHbook someday.
    As for the background, if you have those old ink pens you could write some nonsense or just something important. Google ' old letter' to know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion, it's quite good I must say :) Will surely try it one day!

      Delete
  4. That's wonderful!!! ^^ definitely I need one! you are a great artist ^^

    ReplyDelete