Saturday, 21 July 2012

lost & found in my mailbox

Hi guys! As you might have noticed yesterday there was no freebie Friday..because this week I've made a special one for a friend's blog but I can't tell you more than that for now u_u However, next week I'll share some freebies again, don't worry!

This week I've found a couple of pleasant surprises in my mailbox, but alas, a displeasing one too.
Let's start with the lovely letters I've received:


this is one is from Mona. She makes the loveliest envelopes. Along with the letter, she sent some postcards she took during her trip to San Fran, and I'm not sure if you can see, but one has a very vintage touch!

Then, I got Maggie's letter.


It travelled quite a long time to reach me from the Arab Emirates, but luckily it eventually arrived safely, and so did the seashell that she included for me :)

I also received Steffi's letter, which came in a pretty handmade envelope (I LOVE chameleons!) and she also remembered to put a lighthouse stamp that I told her I loved :)


I received two postcards, too. The dragon one if from Alicja who visited a city in Poland famous for dragons and pigeons (pretty cool, uh?), while the Vanity Fair one, is from Corey in Singapore.


Corey sent me a letter several months ago, but unfortunately it never reached me. Last week I've sent her a letter that hopefully will arrive this time and let us be penpals as we wanted u_u

Lastly, I received a very fun and creative card from Ely in Mexico:


Look at it, isn't it pretty? I'm really amazed on her talent with paper works. She already sent me a pop-up card back then and I already thought she was so good with crafts. (Ely if you're reading, expect mail! :D)

And this was the pleasant part. The displeasing part is this:


I was returned a letter I sent on June 11th to Mary, completely ripped off and with a note inside, by the American postman I supped, as it was in English, that said that the recipient was missing and not living at that address anymore.
Sorry, what? I guess Mary would have told me if she moved.. so well, I guess this is just another postal failure and nothing more, but still I'll wait to hear from Mary before sending it again.
Oh, and you bet I'll reuse the stamps.

Anyway, that's all for this week incomings :)
Thanks to all of you who sent me something, I'll be replying soon!

What did tou received this week?
ƒ.

17 comments:

  1. Beh, almeno te l'hanno rimandata da oltreoceano! Pensa che una volta a me l'hanno mandata a casa direttamente dall'ufficio postale da cui l'avevo mandata! Timbrandomi anche i francobolli così che non ho potuto riutilizzarli! Le poste: il nostro è un rapporto di amore/odio! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ormai ho perso il conto di quante lettere siano andate perse senza lasciare traccia, quindi in effetti sì, mi è andata anche bene! Per quanto riguarda il rapporto con le poste, non posso che concordare purtroppo :D

      Delete
  2. Wow, I always thought they had a proper way of attaching notes to the outside of envelopes / packages. Ripping the envelope just for that matter seems quite rude and desperate. Invasion of privacy much? D:
    I'm so glad the postcard reached you!I'll be looking forward to your gorgeous envelope in my letterbox. Hopefully this is a start to being proper pen pals :) C x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well, I guess they have some kind of policy regarding this kind of things, but ripping the envelope is surely a faster way, I'm not really surprised about it :( certain postmen just don't really care about mail as they should. Anyway, hopefully this is the right time :) I really can't wait to get to know you better :3 x

      Delete
  3. how do you re-use stamps? i've tried once and i got my letter back :| do i have to be a spy and soak the stamp in water and peel it off gently then let it dry and glue it on a new letter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahah, yeah exactly :3 This is how I do it, and it usually works!

      Delete
  4. Love that card from Ely! I hate when things get returned :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's really annoying :/ but I guess it's better when they're returned than when they just disappear into thin air.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad my letter finally reached you. I hope you like the little seashell I collected and painted for you, I live 10 minutes from the sea and it was the only thing that came to my mind at that time.
    happy writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I loved the seashell :3 it was a really nice thought. I'm keeping it on my pinboard, so it's always in sight :)

      Delete
  6. yay! it arrived! ^^ I love the gif!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, such cute mail :) Ely's mail is so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sad can the postal services be sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think it was the postal service that included the note. I suspect the person who now lives at that address supplied the note, and opened the envelope, before bringing it back to the postal service to return, also telling the postal service the letter arrived that way. I could have quite a time weaving a story about a relationship gone wrong and one person leaving and the remaining person opening mail and trying to find out where the other one went because a broken heart is so very hard to endure. But, that would probably be cliche, right ;)

    Thank you for helping with Orphaned Postcard Project! I'll be putting mail in the box for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah, perhaps! But yeah, probably you're right about the fact that someone else put the message in the envelope. It is really weird nonetheless since my friend never moved from her house! So, it's a mystery to me!

      Oh and yay :D I'll be waiting for them! Thanks a lot :)

      Delete
  10. Once again sorry that you have to resend the letter, hopefully it makes it to me safe and sound this time. Thanks again though and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't apologize, it's not your fault :) You're very welcome and yes, let's hope this time it make it safely to you! Have a great weekend you too :) x

      Delete