Sunday, 16 September 2012

guest post #2: Elisse

Hello guys! Today instead of the regular Smash Sunday, I'm going to share with you a lovely tutorial made by my friend Elisse. I'm sure some of you will find it super useful to decorate your scrapbook, journals, as well as your letters, enjoy!

Hi everyone! This is Elisse from Bij Gebrek Aan Beter. Quite some time ago Fab posted a guestblog over at my place (you can check that one out here) so I decided it was time to return the favor :)

A little introduction might come in handy: I'm a 21 year old girl with a passion for sewing, photographing and everything else crafty. I pretend to be an artsy fartsy lady. I'm also into snail mailing a lot (just like the readers of Fab's blog I suppose) so I thought it would be great to combine "sewing" and snail mailing into a DIY. Today, we are going to make our own fabric tape! A very quick & easy project!






Things you'll need:
ª scrap fabrics
ª scissors (preferably fabric scissors)
ª double-sided tape (I'm sure you can find it in any craft shop)



Step 1:
Lay your fabric scraps on the table, right side down. Apply your fabric tape on the 'ugly' side of the fabric.



Step 2:
Cut the fabric around the double-sided tape.

Aaaaaaaaaand you're done. Now you can use your handmade tape to embellish your letters, envelopes, ... Be creative! :) Yay!

I hope you enjoyed my guest post. Remember to keep on writing!

Love, Elisse

Thank you so much Elisse, I'm surely going to try it! And if you enjoyed this tutorial too, make sure to check out her blog  for more awesomeness!

5 comments:

  1. This is so simple I could do it :)) Now I must find tape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant ! I've recently got into fabric tapes so this is really helpful ! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! And how easy to do... Thanks Elisse! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is a lovely idea! I'll try to find some old fabric on my mom's stuff and make some tapes. Thanks, Elisse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely idea :)

    If you do the same but with tissue paper and then stamp/draw on it then you can make your own washi tape :)

    ReplyDelete