Sunday, 30 September 2012

smash sunday

Good afternoon guys :)
I'm writing this post about today's SMASH* pages with glistening eyes because they bring such sweet memories back, so don't mind me if I get emotional later on!
Anyhow, I feel like this post need a little back story, so here you go:
I have a pin board above my bed with a lot of travel mementos pinned on it, but one day I woke up and decided I wanted to keep my memories somewhere else, as keeping some of them under my eyes everyday didn't feel right anymore. So, what place better than my SMASH*?


All the stuff in these pages date back to summer 2009, when me, my (now) boyfriend, and my other best friend turned 18 and graduated high school. We decided to go for a trip together, but couldn't decide which European city to visit, so we went for an Interrail train ticket, which is a pass that allows you to take every train in Europe for a determined time. Pretty cool uh? So we packed our bags, got the tickets, and left for 20 days of adventures, ending up visiting three big cities: Prague, Berlin and Amsterdam.



This page is dedicated to Berlin (it would actually be a lot more to show but I see no point in posting a picture of a page covered in blurred photos of our faces, so yeah..). I've glued a picture I took of one of the many walls covered in street art (which I am deeply in love with!) and some stickers I peeled off some walls (it's a bad habit, I know..).
Also in the upper left corner, I glued a picture of us three that we took on out first day in Berlin. It was raining and we had no umbrellas with us, so we sheltered in a photobooth and took silly pictures of us wearing colourful "nerd" glasses (did I ever mention I've been through a sort of emo phase? UGH).


In the upper right corner of the page, instead, I've glued a pocket to keep some others mementos, such as: our hostel card, the business card of a super cool art gallery, and our city tour card.


The other page is instead dedicated to Amsterdam, of which I sadly have few things left. I only glued a picture I took, and a pocket with museum and tram tickets. To fill the blank, I also glued the train pass :)

The last stop, Prague, has a more special meaning to me, so I'm working on a separate page about it, which I will probably show you later on :)

Well, that's all. I hope this post will keep you company during this boring (at least for me!) Sunday.
Feel free to let me know what you think of the pages or share a bit about your best trip! :3

ƒ.

14 comments:

  1. fab, how did you make the little things that holds the amsterdam picture? i really like it! i wish our bus/train passes were more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean the striped red and white triangles? If so they're just pieces of tape :P

      Delete
  2. Wow, these pages are amazing! :) I think I know why Prague is special, so I would love to see the page dedicated to it if you put it up ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you do :3 and it's still a WIP, as soon as it's done I'll post it here :)

      Delete
  3. I love it, Ive been filled with nostalgia lately as well.sigh! I do envy people living in Europe, it seems so easy (and convenient) to travel around the continent! :3 I can't wait to see more of your travel pages !:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :3! Well, it depends. It surely is easy, but convenient.. not always :P

      Delete
  4. I really like your pages! It's always fun to look back at scrapbooks and photo albums to remember a trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I wish so hard I would visit these trips too! My last trip was a cruise to Uruguay and Argentina, with my boyfriend, and it was amazing. I have a few paper stuff that I keep from all my trips, and eveytime I see your smash book I feel like making one too. Maybe that will become a goal for next summer. Would you mind if I copy you by also showing it on my blog once in a while?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course not! :D I'm not the first one to d oit anyway. I would love to see more smash posts around actually :)

      Delete