Sunday, 2 September 2012

smash sunday

Good afternoon guys! :) Today I'm going to show you two more pages in my SMASHbook dedicated to last summer when my boyfriend and I spent two weeks in London.


What I did, is once again just smashing in everything I had kept from the trip, but this is the purpose of the smashbook, isn't it?
I also made a small header, you know, to contextualise, and I stapled some tiny Union Jacks on a string because I thought they looked cute (and to be honest, also because I didn't know what else to put in that space.)


In the bottom of the page, I glued the tube map, and highlighted out favourite stops, printed out the street sign of the road where we were staying, and glued a tube ticket.

On the other side of the page I put: a Shakespeare postcard I think I bought on a stall when we visited the Globe, a list of out favourite places to eat (because you know, my boyfriend and I love to eat :D), the plane ticket, and a penny :)


On the bottom, instead, I glued a drawing of a double decker, and put my Oyster card in a pocket.

random gif for amusement purpose.
And, that's it :) What do you think?
ƒ.

18 comments:

  1. Great pages! I really like the way you wrote "London Memories". It looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :) That's my sort of default font for titles ahah :)

      Delete
  2. aw fab, this is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! And I love all the gifs you make haha. The 'font' you use to write London Memories is indeed really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 I'm glad to hear someone else besides me enjoys them :D

      Delete
  4. Lovely pages. I need to get a jumpstart on my SMASH book. I was going strong for a few weeks and then it kind of fizzled out lol. Maybe I should set a day and time just for smashing. I need to upload some of my pages onto my blog as well. Anyway, you did a great job. I love the fact that your pages always have purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funnily enough, I just spent this afternoon doing a Smash page of the day I spent in London with my boyfriend :). Yay, I joined in Smash Sunday! :p Although mine looks nowhere near as pretty as yours, I took the 'smashing' a little too seriously and that page is COVERED. I filled a pocket with bits and pieces and now the whole book is half a centimetre fatter :P.
    Lovely pages, they really are. I love the way you write titles, I wish I could do pretty writing >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeees, Welcome on board :D Your page sounds amazing, actually! I didn't have a lot of things left from London, so it's a bit empty. "Covered" sounds really good :D and yay for fat books <3

      Delete
    2. Aww, you're too kind! I'm hoping I'll do another page soon as we just spent three days down in Dorset (I'll tell you all about it in my letter!) and I think that's worthy of a page. I'll probably cover it again. At this rate my book is going to be a pudgy little thing by the time I finish it!

      Delete
  6. This is awesome, I absolutely love it :) I have the same yellow Smash book which I keep postcards in but I'm hanging to finish my homemade one so I can buy the black one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm using this one for postcards/letters and travel memories, I would love to have another smash for more random things :)

      Delete
  7. What a great spread! One of those memorable moment -pages that is going to make you remember the good times you had! :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has to be my favourite so far :) Brings back such pleasant memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an awesome idea. Maybe I should get a smashbook too. I have lots of paper and other small stuff from my last two trips, and I never thought of a good way to keep them. I loved your London pages!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool! love your lovely DIY project cutting and pasting to create special memories - i actually use to do that all the time after i travelled to places too :)
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx

    Giveaway from Boticca on my blog:
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/boticca-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely idea! I tried to make something similar once on a school trip to London but I didn't manage to collect enough so it was maps and drawings instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I work on filling a smash book too, and I must say I absolutely love your smash book pages! :)
    Oh, and I love the stationery you make too! :)

    ReplyDelete